Was your New Year’s Resolution to improve your health in 2018? Then you need to check out these cost-effective ways to do just that…
1: Get Active
This one is a bit of a no-brainer for improving your health. Getting active increases your fitness, aids digestion, improves your mood and helps with weight loss. Pick something that you enjoy and just get out there and do it. Walk the dog, go for a jog, take a fitness class, play a team sport, or dance like no one is watching. If you love doing it, you are more likely to stick at it.
2: Drink More Water
Swap your sugar and dairy filled coffee for a cool glass of water. Even mild dehydration can affect your physical abilities and mental cognition. So keeping your fluids up is important, especially in the warmer months when you sweat more. There doesn’t seem to be a consensus on how much water you should drink in a day. So listen to your body and drink a glass of water whenever you feel yourself starting to get thirsty.
3: Eat Healthy
While junk food might taste good, your body will thank you more for healthy food choices. Not only will it help you control your weight, but it will provide you with the nutrients you need for your body to run at maximum efficiency. Choosing a balanced diet to will keep you happy and healthy for 2018.
4: Get Social
Being healthy is not just about being fit, it is about your mental health also. Socialising is one of the best ways to prevent loneliness and allow yourself to focus on something other than work or family. So if you found that you got bogged down in 2017, prioritise social time with your friends and family this year.
5: Get Quality Sleep
A good night’s rest is one of the most important things that you can do in your daily routine. Lack of sleep can seriously affect your body and your mind. Prolonged lack of sleep can contribute to obesity, heart disease, high blood pressure and depression. Keep your mind focused and your body ready to tackle 2018 by getting 7 to 8 hours sleep each night.
6: Step Away From Technology
While technology has its benefits for making our lives easier, it can also have harmful effects on our health. Extended computer use can cause back and neck pain as well as eye strain. Using devices such as smartphones at night time emit a certain type of blue light. That blue light can be damaging to your eyes and disrupts your sleeping. So this year, make sure you turn your phone off at least an hour before bedtime to ensure a good night’s rest.
7: Take Up Yoga and Meditation
Yoga and Meditation are a great way to reduce stress, balance the mind, improve immunity and boost your memory. Learning how to practice these methods correctly can positively affect your health. Combine both yoga and meditation with cardiovascular activity to reduce the risk of heart disease and strokes. Prioritise learning these arts in 2018 and you will be able to tackle the future with a strong body and mind.
8: Practice Gratitude
Being thankful for what you have lets you transform your life positively. Not only does it strengthen relationships, but it strengthens your mind, body and soul. By practicing gratitude for a few short weeks you can enjoy a boosted immune system, less aches and pains, and a better quality of sleep. You will also see the emotional benefits of positivity, optimism and happiness. So, get grateful this year!
9: Go Green
Improving health does not solely mean your own personal health. We also need to improve the health of our planet. So doing your part to go green will not only help you live a cleaner life, but you will be doing your part to save the planet too. Recycle where possible, choose electronic methods instead of paper, live sustainably and do what you can to reduce your carbon footprint this year.
Alright, this one is not so cost effective, but investing in travel is worth every penny that you spend. Opening your mind to new experiences and traveling to exotic destinations can really boost your thirst for life. Taking time to get away can rejuvenate your mind and body. That means when you return to work you will have greater focus and increased productivity. Definitely make travel a priority in 2018!
Inspirational Quotes to Motivate You For The New Year
Great quotes can be inspirational and motivational. You can use quotes to help guide your decisions in life, work and love.
- Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence. —Vince Lombardi
- Remember no one can make you feel inferior without your consent. —Eleanor Roosevelt
- To handle yourself, use your head; to handle others, use your heart. —Eleanor Roosevelt
- Nothing is impossible, the word itself says “I’m possible”! —Audrey Hepburn
- Do or do not. There is no try. —Yoda
- I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. —Maya Angelou
- I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions. —Stephen Covey
- Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover. —Mark Twain
- I can’t change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination. —Jimmy Dean
- I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed. —Michael Jordan
- Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value. —Albert Einstein
- I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions. —Stephen Covey
- When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it. —Henry Ford
- The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any. —Alice Walker
- The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity. —Amelia Earhart
- It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light. —Aristotle Onassis
- Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant. —Robert Louis Stevenson
- The only way to do great work is to love what you do. —Steve Jobs
- Change your thoughts and you change your world. —Norman Vincent Peale
- The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me. —Ayn Rand
- If you hear a voice within you say “you cannot paint,” then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced. —Vincent Van Gogh
- Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs. —Farrah Gray
- Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck. —Dalai Lama
- You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. —Maya Angelou
- I have learned over the years that when one’s mind is made up, this diminishes fear. —Rosa Parks
- I would rather die of passion than of boredom. —Vincent van Gogh
- A truly rich man is one whose children run into his arms when his hands are empty. —Unknown
- A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.——Albert Einstein
- What’s money? A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and goes to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do. —Bob Dylan
- I have been impressed with the urgency of doing. Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do. —Leonardo da Vinci
- If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else. —Booker T. Washington
- Limitations live only in our minds. But if we use our imaginations, our possibilities become limitless. —Jamie Paolinetti
- If you’re offered a seat on a rocket ship, don’t ask what seat! Just get on. —Sheryl Sandberg
- Certain things catch your eye, but pursue only those that capture the heart. —Ancient Indian Proverb
- When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us. —Helen Keller
- Everything has beauty, but not everyone can see. —Confucius
- How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world. —Anne Frank
- When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy”. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. —John Lennon
- The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be. —Ralph Waldo Emerson
- We can’t help everyone, but everyone can help someone. —Ronald Reagan
- Everything you’ve ever wanted is on the other side of fear. —George Addair
- We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. —Plato
- Nothing will work unless you do. —Maya Angelou
- I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the water to create many ripples. —Mother Teresa
- What we achieve inwardly will change outer reality. —Plutarch