Not that you’d ever pack all 12 — but a quick review of this list of travel accessories should help you remember the essentials no matter what kind of trip you’re taking.
- Camera, memory cards.
- Sunglasses, sunscreen, and Afterburn.
- A survival whistle, if you’re going far off the grid
- An eco-friendly, biodegradable, phosphate-free multipurpose soap to wash your dishes, your clothes, and your body.
- Reusable cutlery and a small bowl.
- A multipurpose tool is a compact and lightweight way to bring your kit with you. You’ll have easy access to pliers, screwdrivers, a jackknife, a saw blade, and mini-scissors.
- Rain gear, including a cover for your pack.
- Dissolve oral rehydration salts in water and drink to treat severe dehydration.
- A portable solar power kit, so you can charge your electronics anywhere (if it’s sunny).
- A money belt to hide your cash, cards, and passport.
- A pair of aqua socks — slip-on shoes with non-skid soles to protect your feet in the water. Also can double as shower shoes.
- Packing cubes help you fit more into a smaller space, and keep dirty clothes separate from clean ones.
The most important item on your list
Duct tape is notoriously versatile, and while it won’t help you if you forget something like your solar power kit, it’s a go-to repair tool.